Please try to solve the problems below. Let your mind go and use your creative thinking skills! Good Luck!
1. You are a cyclist in a cross-country race. Just before the crossing finish line you overtake the person in second place! What place did you finish in?
2. In a year there are 12 months. 7 months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
3. A plane crashes on the border of the U.S. and Canada. Where do they bury the survivors?
4. I do not have any special powers, but I can predict the score of any football game before it begins. How can I do this?
5. You are on the bank of a river. You have to get a fox, a hen, and corn to the other site of the river. If left alone, the fox will eat the hen, the hen will also eat the corn if left alone. The boat is only big enough to take you and one other three to the other side.
How do you get all 3 across intact?
6. Please add the following numbers in your head.
Start with 1000.
Write down your answer.
7. What are the next 3 letters in the following sequence?
J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, __, __, __
8. You are in a room that has 3 switches and a closed door. The switches control 3 light bulbs on the other side of the door. Once you open the door, you may never touch the switches again.
How can you definitively tell which switch is connected to each of the light bulbs?
The answers will be added to this post on April 20, 2010
1. Second Place. If you pass the person in second, you take second place, and they become third.
2. They all do.
3. You don't bury the SURVIVORS!
4. I can predict the score BEFORE it begins. Well, the score before any football game is always zero to zero!
5. First take the hen across. Leave the hen.
Go back and get the fox. Take the fox to the other side. Leave the fox there, but take the hen with you back to get the corn.
Leave the hen and take the corn to the other side.
Drop the corn off with the fox, then go back to get the hen.
Bring the hen to the other side.
All 3 make it fully intact!
6. Many will get 5000. But the actual answer is 4100!
7. S, O, N
The sequence is first letter of the months of the year. September, October and November are the next in the sequence.
8. Turn on the first 2 switches. Leave them on for 5 minutes. Once 5 minutes has passed, turn off the second switch, leaving one switch on. Now go through the door. The light that is still on is connected to the first switch, whichever of the other two is warm to the touch is connected to the second switch. The bulb that is cold is connected to the switch that was never turned on!!