1. Today, three in eight adults over age 20 have completed secondary school studies or higher (97% literate-rate).
School attendance is compulsory between the ages of 5 and 17. The Argentine school system consists of a primary or lower school level lasting six or seven years, and a secondary or high school level
lasting between five to six years.
is a major producer of movies and the local film industry produces around 80 full-length titles annually. Argentina
3. According to the World Christian Database, Argentines are 92.1% Christian, 3.1% agnostic, 1.9% Muslim, 1.3% Jewish, 0.9% atheist, and 0.9% Buddhist and other. Argentine Christians are mostly Catholics.
4. The generally temperate climate is characterized by very hot, humid summers with mild drier winters, and is subject to periodic droughts.
5. Besides many of the pasta, sausage and dessert dishes common to continental
Europe, Argentines enjoy a wide variety of indigenous creations, which include stuffed pastry, a mixture of corn, beans, meat, bacon, onion, and gourd.
6. The official national sport of
is played with a six-handle ball on horseback. The national football team has won 25 major international titles including two World Cups. Argentina
is the birthplace of the Tango and 'Paris of Latin America'. Buenos Aires