Wednesday, 25 August 2010
BRAIN TEASERS - HOW SMART ARE YOU?
1. I do not have any special powers, but I can predict the score of any
football game before it begins. How can I do this?
2. Jimmy's mother had 4 children. She named the first Monday.
Named the second Tuesday. The third is named Wednesday.
What is the name of the fourth child?
3. You are driving a bus. At the first stop, 2 women get on. The second stop, 3 men get
on and 1 woman gets off. Third stop, 3 kids and their mom get on, and a man gets off.
The bus is grey, and it is raining outside. What color is the bus drivers hair?
4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
5. I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles. Turned east and hiked for 3 miles.
Then turned north and hiked for 3 miles, at which time I came upon a bear inside my
tent eating my food!
What color was the bear?
6. A man lives on the fifteenth floor of an apartment building. Every morning he takes the
elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building. In the evening, he gets into the
elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator, or if it was raining that day, he
goes back to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the tenth floor and walks up five
flights of stairs to his apartment.
7. A man is looking at a photograph of someone. His friend asks who it is. The man
replies, "Brothers and sisters, I have none. But that man's father is my father's son."
Who was in the photograph?
8. What is full of holes but can still hold water?
9. How can you make seven even?
The answers will be published on September 1.
1. I can predict the score before it begins. Well, the score before any football game is always zero to zero!
3. Whatever color your hair is! Remember, you are the bus driver!
4. Mt. Everest. It was still the highest in the world - it just hadn't been discovered yet!
5. White. The only place you can hike 3 miles south, then east for 3 miles, then north for 3 miles and end up back at your starting point is the North Pole. There are only polar bears in the north pole, and they are white!
6. The man is a dwarf. He can't reach the upper elevator buttons, but he can ask people to push them for him. He can also push them with his umbrella.
7. His son.
8. A sponge.
9. Take away the "s".