Thursday, 2 December 2010

PROFILES: Ana-Maria Vasilache, Bucharest, Romania

1st prize in the Lexis ... and the whole world is yours! contest
                                                            
English takes you higher
                                                            
For English is not a simple word,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
For English gives you wings and teaches you to fly
That's why! That's why!
In time of war, in time of peace
English is like a mother's kiss.
It's a blessing hand above your head,
It's a curtain that protects you from the bad.
Having English known,


Is like the battle is already won.
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Your walk through life turns into a happy dance
'Cause every piece of knowledge takes you further.
That's why English takes you higher. 

This is what Ana- Maria's teacher and group-mates say about her.
ANA-MARIA VASILACHE about herself: " I bet all the people who know me will say I have a big mouth...However,  I am not always that talkative. A lot of times I feel the need for space and quiet, and that's when I start painting or writing. It gives me a feeling of calm which cannot be given by anything else."
TEACHER RALUCA SERGHEI: " Who is Ana? If you meet her once, you can't forget her. She is one of the most talented teenagers you will ever know. She's got a a strong personality, and when she knows she's right, she will never give up arguing. But, in the end, she is a special and sensitive person, just as  all artists are."
RAMONA- DANIELA LETZNER ( FCE STUDENT ): " I have known Ana for four years, but she still surprises me every day. She is a great friend, and you can spend an amazing time with her, if you get to know her. Her joyous nature always makes her smile and laugh, and you just can't remain untouched by that. Also, she is very gifted, and with the brush her mind can create amazing images and extraordinary pictures, full of strong emotions."
MIHAELA DUTA ( FCE STUDENT): '' I met my friend, Ana, in a Lexis camp. Ever since I have known her, she has been a sociable and talkative girl. She can make friends very easily, and talk about any subject for hours. Her paintings are beautiful, they are not something that anyone can create. I am sure she will be a great artist, or whatever she wants to be, because she is ambitious and unconventional."
We definitely hope so. Ana-Maria impressed us a lot. (LexisTopStudents blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment