Here are a couple of aspects that must have contributed to establishing better relationships and leading to excellent academic results:
- Reading books helps children improve their vocabulary
- A good book relaxes and eliminates stress (playing video games for hours on end is tiring, sometimes irritating). So, moderation in everything is the solution.
- Children's imagination improves: they are able to initiate new games, to embark in new activities.
- They get informed and learn about interesting things in a fun way.
- Children can find their role models in books.
- Good stories teach a child how to behave in social situations.
- Last but not least, having developed a reading skill (by practising daily) the child learns faster and better.
You can start here:
Please share freely in the comments below. Did I miss anything important here?