from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Here are some tips if you only have a shot-in-your-arm of time to get ready before school in the morning. With this guide, you can look great every day.
- Have good hygiene. This is very important in middle school, especially since you are getting older and sweating more. To avoid body odor and stay healthy (and feel healthier!), follow the following tips:
- Take a shower using a scented bath gel and a soft sponge. Use warm water and really get clean. You should always be clean and smell nice when you go to school. Afterwards just put on a light spritz of sweet smelling perfume, (optional) then you are nice, clean, and smelling fresh
- Wax or shave your legs in the morning or the night before (whichever suits you best). Remember that if you wax your legs in the morning, they will be all red, or if you don't shave, make sure to clean your legs really well and keep them moisturized. Use a razor with shaving cream on it for a quick shave.
- Shave your armpits. Obviously, shaved armpits look better than stubbly ones, but did you know that shaving your pits can also help you to smell better? Bacteria gets caught in armpit hair, causing body odor.
- Wash your face using a facial cleanser and use a moisturizer afterward. (Make sure you aren't allergic to the cleanser.) Facial cleanser helps to remove dirt, oil, and makeup from the face, making your skin less prone to acne, but if you do have acne do not cover it up with a lot of make-up. Try to go for a more natural look
- Take care of your hair. Shampoo and condition hair using products from a good quality hair salon or a good brand that you know will make your hair look and smell great. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair. Wrap your hair in a towel. Try to avoid hair dryers! Always have your hair done nicely.
- Brush your teeth everyday and night using a good toothpaste, and remember to use mouthwash! Try to stay away from whitening gels, toothpaste, and mouthwash. These products eat the enamel of your teeth, and can be very harmful to your gums. Nice, white, shiny teeth will make you look beautiful. Keep on Chapstick to keep your smile flawless.
- Pick appropriate outfits. When you pick out your outfit, always try it on and look in the mirror to see how it looks; if it doesn't look nice on you, try a different outfit that fits your body or goes well against your skin tone. If an outfit looks and feels good on you, don't try on another. Keep in mind, you are going to be in school, so choose something comfy and modest, but cute.
- Choose your outfits the night before to avoid standing in front of your wardrobe/closet for an hour.
- Add accessories. These can compliment your outfit or bring out an accent color, such as bracelets, bangles, charms, rings, earrings.
- Have fun with your hair. Blow dry, curl, scrunch, or straighten your hair. Don't forget to use a special spray so your hair doesn't get damaged from all the heat. It makes your hair look great and weightless. Especially if you have thin hair. Then use a nice smelling hairspray and spray your hair to keep the frizz away. Braiding parts of your hair also has a nice, clean cut style and looks sophisticated yet fun.
- If you really want to jazz things up a bit just style your hair differently. For example, instead of the basic ponytail, go for French braid pigtails, or you can straighten your hair, or curl it.
- Try new outfits. Remember just because it's a plain outfit doesn't mean it's a bad one. Jeans and a plain white T-shirt work fine, but don't be afraid to accessorize.
- Go a new style. Try a bright neon shirt that has different colors in it; for example a black shirt that has neon heart or peace sign on it. Try wearing some accessories. Add any type of pants that goes with the colors on your shirt, but jeans go with anything. But remember...BE YOURSELF. You should also try to wear a nice plain colored shirt thats flowy but compliments your features one day and see if it works for you. And, you should just make up your own style, and most people will end up enjoying your style and people will try and copy but just remember you started the style and that it looks great!
- Smile. A smile makes every outfit better. Having the "look" does not matter if you aren't happy with yourself. Try to be different, but don't forget that everyone will respect you if you respect yourself. It makes you the best you possibly can be, being pretty and happy. Don't lose confidence and don't let people bring you down, because some people are just haters; don't worry about them.
- Make sure you lotion your face, arms, and legs. This will keep your skin clear, soft and healthy looking.
- Just have fun! Middle school is a place to hang out, make some mistakes and learn from them!
- If you have it, use detangler or leave in conditioner. But not too much because it leaves a greasy feeling in your hair. Use scented hair cream/serum so your hair will smell great.
- If you have short hair, say a bob cut or barely shoulder length, try putting curlers in your hair the night before. Then find a contrast colored hair piece to go with a color theme in your outfit, like a purple shirt and a yellow flower for your hair.
- If you wear makeup, use it lightly. Make sure you look natural, not too exaggerated or over the top. A little bit of blush, mascara with curled eyelashes goes a very long way.
- Ask your friends for tips; tell them to be truthful.
- Go to small town boutiques and clothing shops. Sometimes you can find stores that are not expensive and cute. Being an individual is important. Some towns have stores that sell slightly used designer clothing for great prices.
- Expand! Don't limit yourself to one style.
- Don't be afraid to shop at thrift stores! You can find really interesting, unique pieces for great prices.
- Know what to wear the night before!
- Just be yourself, because it always pays off in the long run.
- Don't work too hard on dressing up for school. You should always look effortlessly beautiful. School may have friends, but don't forget to learn. Being smart is great.
- Don't wear see-through shirts. Sometimes if you wear a shirt you could see your bra. Try to wear a tank top or cami underneath to avoid that.
- Don't try to look sexy; you're only in middle school, so wearing skimpy clothing will only give people the wrong idea.
Things You'll Need
- Hygiene products (deodorant, razor, blow drier, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, lip gloss/Chapstick®)
- Hair supplies
- How to Accept Being Tall As a Teen Girl
- How to Look Absolutely Breathcatching
- How to Be a Confident Teenage Girl
- How to Look Great After Looking Slightly (or More) Nerdy
- How to Pick out Clothes for School and Look Cute (Girls)
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Look Cute and Dress Nicely for Middle School (Girls). All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Do you agree? Do these recommendations apply in your country?