Sunday, 16 October 2011
Mondays with Crazy English
- Myspace Layouts,Graphics, and Comments!
OK! What do you hate most? Mondays or crazy, unexpected, strange English idioms and expressions? I hope neither. Learning English is fun, fun, fun!
Let's take the word you learned first: English. Have you ever wondered how many ways you can use it?
1. There are several varieties of English; they are called ENGLISHES.
2. When a text is capable of being translated into English, it is ENGLISHABLE.
3. So, one might make an attempt TO ENGLISH it. Do you want to conjugate it? Easy.
he/ she ENGLISHES
If you did it some time ago, you ENGLISHED the text. What about ENGLISHING? Perfectly correct.
4. English people have every right to be proud of themselves; ENGLISHNESS is their cultural identity.
5. What makes the English so different? Their ENGLISHISMS (ideas, manners etc. typical of English people)
6. Many think it's a priviledge of being and Englishman. ENGLISHRY - this is how this state is called. Can you add any more forms?